Thursday, January 24, 2019

I miss my weapons


Moved from ATL to WDC, wife got promoted, I found a job, so we got a 50% net raise and I've always always wanted to live in the District.Left my AR, a Bul 1911 Commander, 2 Colt 1911s, and a P320sc at my dad's in Florida. Not that big of a deal, right, leave your weapons at home and stay protected by DC MPD and all the other armed agencies here. WRONGO BUCKO. I used to live in a car, and I've had a weapon on me since; feel like it's not that big of a deal, I was in the military and I've never started violence even when goaded. Always a knife or two, also have a concealed license for GA and VA.The dog would lose his mind every month at least once in the dead of the night, but hey he's protective of us, I tell wife. It's ATL being strange, I tell wife. Just getting used to the city is all. I didn't carry a pistol regularly til wife and I got followed home in ATL a few times, our exterior proximity lights went off after valeting the car, and woke up once to all exterior doors being picked and left open. House clearing is stressful as fuck, but no shots were fired and nothing important was taken. And house clearing with your wife is a great marital bonding experience lolFeel naked without a firearm at home. Can't shake this feeling of DC being so polarized and vitriolic. Kathmandu felt a bit the same when the maoists were holding strikes and demonstrations in summer '12. That's a dramatic comparison, but walk in front of the White House when demonstrators start to focus on the other group demonstrating there - the tension and depersonification of political enemies is palpable.Thankfully, the Courts have recently seen fit to declare DC's gun control to be invalide, but the Supreme Court has granted cert on reviewing 2A issues.Just existentially annoyed as fuck. I live in a jurisdiction that has a modicum of federal control, so thiat is reason enough to damp down the Second Amendment to the Federal Constitution. That previous sentence is wrong as fuck from a legal standpoint, but fuck. Fucking ass head and hole./rant via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2WnM6u6

No comments:

Post a Comment