Friday, November 30, 2018

When would be the best time to use pepper spray or another non-lethal weapon?

I was followed today by a man who looked like he was homeless. He was sitting outside the gate of my apartment complex trying to light up a cigarette (or some other substance) and had his legs out across the sidewalk. I turned and went down a road, saw he was behind me, he started shouting random things at cars passing by and threw his hands up, I wasn't concerned and walked into an alleyway, saw the tennis court was occupied so I decided to continue on to the park nearby and as soon as I entered the park I looked behind me and saw he was still following me. I started panicking here, because no one usually walks through this alleyway at this time of day (2 PM). I cut through the park towards some older kids under a gazebo, I looked back and saw he was following my exact footpath, I panicked even more, the kids started to leave as I was getting close to them but I managed to catch up to them, I saw the man hesitate as if thinking about where to go next and he then continued to walk towards the main road. I explained to the kids what was happening and had them follow me back to the gate of my apartment, thanked them, and we parted ways.

If I had pepper spray in this situation, when would I have used it? I wouldn't want to spray someone who just happened to oddly be taking the same path as me and didn't have any bad intentions. How would I confirm he was after me? How close do I let him get, should I talk to him? Do you think another item would be better like a tazer, how would I use it instead? Thank you!



Submitted November 30, 2018 at 05:47PM by ItsWolfeh https://ift.tt/2E6V6xx

No comments:

Post a Comment