Sunday, November 25, 2018

I don't carry at work but that might change starting today. Help appreciated


So a little background I work in Seattle in a medical lab on Capitol Hill, the surrounding area IMO can range anywhere moderately sketchy to being quite a nice area. Well today I got off work and I had parked my car 3 blocks away from work. When I exited my building I noticed two men in hoodies hiding their face across the street I didn't think anything of it since there are plenty of homeless people in the area. But I did notice that as soon as I started walking they also started to shadow me from the across the street. Now I know it sound stupid but to gauge whether or not some is following me I will change my walking speed or stop to pretend to look at something at my phone to ensure no one is following me (sounds paranoid but bear with me). To test the two men I sped up, they ended up following me and even ran across the street, but luckily for me a homeless man stops me and asks me what my name was. He ended up introducing himself and asking me about my name, my work etc. all while these two men hovered/circled the two of us about 5-7ft away with their hands in their pockets. It was probably the most terrifying moments of my life. I was weighing my options wondering if I could out run them to my car but I decided since I still needed to unlock the box in my center console it wasn't worth it. We ended up chatting for a few minutes about the Seahawks and they two men ended up walking away. I asked the man if he wanted me to buy him a meal but he wanted cash I said i didn't have any and ended up sprinting to my car. I barely remember driving home from all the adrenaline in my body.​My question that stems from this is people who carry at work how do you do it, Im 5'9" 150lbs and work in a casual attire all day making it difficult to conceal. Is it worth it trying to put a vault in my work locker and keeping it in there? I also work 10hr shifts where I'm constantly moving and shifting my biggest fear is having a coworker find out and getting me in trouble. Any and all help would be appreciated!​TLDR; I think I almost got robbed in the walk between my work and my car. In response I want to carry either at work or between my work and my car. Need help concealing at work because I work in a lab environment. Thanks for the help. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2r6NXFb

No comments:

Post a Comment