Saturday, November 24, 2018

Question about storage.


I carry a Ruger LC9s with critical defense loads. Generally, when I get home from wherever I am, I will unchamber my gun and put it in a safe spot away from where my toddler son can get to it. I unchamber the round as just an extra precaution in case by some kind of miracle my son can somehow get a hold of the gun (he can't).Last night I put my gun up and didn't unchamber which got me to thinking: How safe is it to keep a striker fire pistol "cocked and locked" at all times?I mean, the firing pin is under tension. Will it at some point fail in my pants or up on the shelf if I kept it hot forever? Is it good practice to unload and depress the spring tension?It's probably irrational, and it's probably been spoken about here before so I apologize if that's the case. I just found this sub and I'm more curious than anything.Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2RbrJxh

No comments:

Post a Comment