Friday, November 2, 2018

Pizza delivery


One of my coworkers was just assaulted and robbed at gunpoint by two men a few days ago and it really rattled me.I work late night pizza delivery as my second job a few nights a week because I’m in college and it’s the only thing that fits into my class schedule. Unfortunately the good tips are the only reason I can keep up with the rent, so I can’t just quit and find a safer job.Apparently the perpetrators placed the order specifically in order to rob him. The first guy hit him twice in the throat with the butt of a rifle, and there was another guy behind him acting as backup who had a handgun. They demanded he hand over all of the money he had.This is the exact worst case scenario I fear when I’m about to make a delivery and I see the address is in a sketchy part of town, and it was one of the reasons I decided to go through the process of applying for my CCW.But the truth is, no matter how fast my draw is, I would never have been able to defend against these guys if I was in that situation because they were already drawn and ready. Obviously the best plan of action is to just hand over the money, but I’m pretty sure if they hit me in the throat multiple times, I’d be fearing for my life and thinking of a way to distract them to be able to draw and take the shot. But then again the odds are really not great that I would survive something like that even if I did everything perfectly. I’d be outgunned even with the best distraction, and I’m no jerry miculek in terms of shooting speed.I also thought about how I frequently have very little cash on me because most of the orders are online with a credit card, so what if they aren’t satisfied with the few bucks I pull out and decide to rough me up to see what else is in my pockets and perhaps take my gun off of me if they find it?What would your responses be to the above situation, considering all of the possibilities I mentioned? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2OmFM0v

No comments:

Post a Comment