Thursday, November 22, 2018

Pepper spray


If the only tool you have is a hammer then every problem becomes a nail. For that reason I've decided that if I'm going to carry a gun, I personally would feel more safe (both in a literal and a legal sense) having a less than lethal option I can go to first if need be. I see a lot of people discussing whether situation X justifies use of deadly force. I'm not looking to hesitate and I'd like to be able to defend myself before a situation escalates to the necessity of deadly force. All that to say, I want to start carrying pepper spray along with my firearm. I don't see much anywhere discussing this. I find a lot of info about carrying pepper spray but it always seems to be an alternative to CCW. Does anyone out there carry pepper spray? I'm curious about carrying it safely, practically, and where on my body I should carry it. I'm thinking of Sabre 3-in-1 in a pouch. Should I carry it on my strong side, behind my gun, or on my weak side? My state also has some pretty liberal knife laws so eventually I'll probably carry a knife as well, idea being it may buy me time to get to my CCW in close quarters. I would want to carry on my weak side. How would you recommend carrying a CCW, pepper spray and a knife? I'm not trying to be Rambo here, and I never thought I'd carry so much gear, but my idea is to be safe and responsible, not to be tacticool or looking to fight. Thoughts on this line of thinking? Is this too much? Do you carry spray? If so, how and do you have any recommendations or tips? Once again, thanks all. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FEgDPT

No comments:

Post a Comment