Thursday, November 22, 2018

Appendix vs. 4 o'clock, Light vs. No Light


Hey guys, next month I'll be trading with a friend for a G19 Gen 4. I'm planning to get my CCP (AZ allows .mil to apply for a CCP at 19+) soon after.I'm looking for advice on a setup. The firearms hypebeast in me just wants to throw on an X300 and appendix carry.To begin, I'm a slim dude. 5'6ish, 120lbs. Style of dress is pretty casual. Slim/skinny khakis or jeans, with slim t-shirts. Hoodies when needed. Not exactly ideal for CCW, but it's just how I roll.Both carry options have their tradeoffs, but I'm not sure if I'm weighing them properly. This is what I'm thinking:Appendix: Conceals better, especially for my build, allows me to run a light and not print like crazy. What I think would be an issue is whether or not I have enough pelvis to sit down normally/semi-comfortably.4 o' clock: More comfortable, won't jab me in the abs or poke me in the crotch. The problem is that it would definitely print a lot more. I have a 28/29" waist, so there would be a decent bulge on my side. Also means I can't mount a light without printing hard.Also, carry with a light or no light? I'm pretty set on running an X300U, since I'm still hearing that Inforce is iffy on reliability, and the XC1 has had battery connectivity issued. Correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, I'm open to both sides. WMLs are useful, as I can keep both hands on the weapon, but standalone lights are more versatile. Especially when I'm just trying to ID things without drawing. Lightless also adds concealability.So yeah. I need halp. Sorry for the wall of text, guys. I look forward to having some discussion over all this. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2OVXmsA

No comments:

Post a Comment