Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Need advice, how do I carry at work?


(Throw away account so I cannot be identified by my employer)Here is my situation. My place of employment is a hotel and we deal with a lot of people every single day. I have had my CPL for just over a year and always carry when I am able to. I have been IWB 4'oclock carrying a PPS and leaving it locked in my vehicle when I am working; clearly this is not ideal.I have looked through my employee handbook and there is no policy about weapons, firearms, guns, or anything of that nature. The building does have signage on the doors that guns are not allowed, even concealed. I am in Michigan and these signs have no legal weight. So any of the guests walking in could potentially be carrying. (It does say that if there is an active shooter that we should 'Run, Hide, Fight'....)I have been contemplating carrying on-person, but I am in management and wear 'dress' clothes, but I also do a lot of high reaching, twisting, and get myself into awkward positions as I work on equipment. Because of this, I am very worried that my shirt would ride up and expose my firearm.I have also been thinking about getting a pouch holster and keeping it in my laptop bag. Although I would most likely have access to it if there were a situation, this brings up some concerns about it being unattended if I have to leave my office.Anyone else in a similar situation? Suggestions? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ApKSqm

No comments:

Post a Comment