Tuesday, August 15, 2017

New to Pistol Ownership & I would like a CCW in Solano County CA. What is the first step & what are my odds?


So I just purchased a Walther P22 CA (have not picked it up yet 9 days to go) and I would like to carry it for self-defense legally. I don't know very much about the current state of CCW in my county and I wanted to see if there are any redditors(redditers, I see this spelled both ways lol) with some recent experience in this matter. I know that Solano used to be a shall not issue county, but I have heard that it has shifted to more of a shall issue (Calguns.net has gone back and forth and most of the post on the topic are dated to before 2016)I am not sure if experience matters but here is my short gun history: I am new to pistols but I have put some time in on my friend's 10/22 and I purchased a 10/22 takedown of my own last November (Have not shot mine yet, my range is outdoors and we had a very wet winter. I am planning on putting a lot of lead down range when the weather cools, however)Possible good reason: My work requires me to move lots of technical/networking equipment from work site to work site using my own personal vehicleI suffer from a deformity that would make it very hard to flee an attackerPossible bad reasons: The vast majority of work sites are gun free zones and I would need to leave the gun in my carAny advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to resort to committing a felony in order to carry my gun (and short of a without rule of law societal breakdown I never would) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uKCUlg

No comments:

Post a Comment