Saturday, June 3, 2017

Good Attentive Security Guard


Had a funny interaction today.About a year and a half, maybe two years ago, I was open carrying into a local Buffalo Wild Wings. This is a downtown area and at night they have security checking IDs. One of the guards saw the OC and said I couldn't have it out like that in the restaurant. So I went back to my car, ditched the OWB holster, and concealed instead.Months later I go that BW3s again, same security guard, and he says "Don't have anything exposed tonight, right?" I glance at my side and say "Nope" as I walk in. A couple more times over the past two years he's given me the nod as I go into the BDubs.So tonight, I'm leaving the same BW3s (that guard wasn't there) and am walking down the street to my car. I hear a "Hey" from my left. I turn and it's the same deadlocked security guard, but he's at a different place doing outside security for a party / wedding. I turn and say "Hey" back, and he asks me if I'm strapped tonight. I laugh and say of course, always. He says, "Good looking out..." and we shake hands. [I asked him if we just bounces around the street to different places, and he said yeah he works at a number of them.]Now that's a good security guard. One interaction from two years ago, still remembers me, enough that he can pick me off the sidewalk as I'm walking by. And as a security guard, I guess it'd be a good idea to take special note of people you know are armed. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2qTDGcK

No comments:

Post a Comment