Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Is getting someone a CC class gift certificate a good idea, or no?


I am not a gun owner. I was considering getting a gift certificate for a concealed carry class for a friend's birthday. However, my state (Utah) lists an never-ending number of places where one can take such a class. I was wondering if this is something where the options are mostly the same, or if this is something that most people prefer to research/select on their own due to personal tastes and preferences. I know he wants to do this eventually, but finances have not permitted him. However, I don't want to make a purchase that he can't exchange if selection is mostly due to taste, if that makes sense (like for example I wouldn't get him ammo since he probably has a preference and can't exchange it if it's not what he likes. I don't want to run into that kind of situation here with a cc class.)The second part of my question (assuming this is in fact a good idea) is what do I look for in selecting where to take a class? I know some places include photos and fingerprinting, and I would like to address as many associated costs as possible and not leave him with a bunch of fees he has to pay for himself. I also know that some include time at a range and some do not, is one preferable over another? Just want to make sure I have my bases covered if I do decide to do this. Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nHqHOc

No comments:

Post a Comment