Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Follow Up: Are carrying a weapon and sticking up for yourself mutually exclusive


Hello /r/ccw!So I wanted to follow up my last post about mentality while carrying. Here is the link:http://ift.tt/2lOrj0a of my questions for the community comes more from a call for assistance mentality. My concern comes from the fact that I am dealing with a sort of anger issue. All my life I have exhibited the morals of what this sub teaches. To carry and always practice deescalation. Confrontation isn't worth it. The problem is that I have become too nice. To the point where it's affecting my behavior. I've talked to therapists about this issue. It's not that it's an anger issue but that it's an internalization issue of always feeling like you're being taken advantage of.Now I have never done anything dangerous or immoral with a firearm, and it's not like I'm getting into constant situations with a firearm and having to back down but I feel like it's affecting the way I deal with and talk to other people. I always take the deescalation approach and it's really starting to affect my career with not being able to stand up for myself.I live in a moderately sized Midwest city where I carry a lot. I'm looking for how some of you handle this issue. I'm probably quite a bit younger than most of you here so I'm looking for anyone who might know what I'm talking about when living with people a bit closer to you than the suburbs.The reason I phrased the question the way I did in my last post is that after talking to some people/therapists they talk a lot about righteous anger (natural anger after you have been mistreated) and that ignoring that too much can cause issues with depression/anxiety. That's where I want to see if anyone else has experienced this. I do feel it's impacting me by always feeling like I'm being taken advantaged of.Does anyone else deal with this and how do you manage it?Thanks Guys! Again I've never done anything rash but I can feel this affect a little bit and don't want to let it get anywhere near that. I will keep talking to professionals but I just wanted to reach out.Edit: I would be glad to give out a situational example to demonstrate this if needed. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kRGyHs

No comments:

Post a Comment