Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Have you ever lost a piece of EDC gear in public?


Tonight I took my fiancee out to dinner, as one does on Valentine's. When we were seated by the hostess in a booth toward the back of the restaurant, I said "thanks" and quickly tossed my jacket on the far end of one of the benches.When we sat down, I told my fiancee there was a Glock mag under my jacket. Apparently the hostess and the person who had cleaned the booth didn't notice it sitting in the dark back corner of the booth bench.I had seen just enough to know it was a G17/22 size mag, and probably full. We talked about what to do. No one had walked out of the restaurant between the time we parked and we were seated, so it's not like the last patrons were walking out just now. One option would be to quietly tell the hostess, thinking maybe a receipt could be identified, etc. etc. But would she think they should call the police or something, not knowing what to think of the situation? I obviously didn't want to just leave it there, and I was glad that we, people with guns and CWPs (CCW license in our state), had been the ones to find it, rather than maybe a group of one vehemently anti-gun proselytizer, two swing voters, and a couple of impressionable youths.So, I thought of what I would want in that situation. And I would want the gun owner in the booth after me to snatch that mag ASAP and get it quietly out of the restaurant before it could cause anyone to get nervous. So I picked it up with my jacket when we left, and dropped it in a pocket.It was the side of the booth where your right faces the wall, and it was clear up against the wall. That tends to suggest that maybe, rather than this being a spare mag that came loose form a belt holder or pocket, it actually came out of the magazine well, after the mag release was pressed while sitting in or getting into the booth. I hope there isn't some guy out there who just installed a fancy new extended mag release, now wandering around with one in the chamber and no mag. But the fact that it was a bigger mag makes it seem more likely it was a spare. I guess we'll never know.Finally, if you live in Missoula and are missing a mag, tell me the restaurant and the ammo, and if it's a match, I'll be glad to get it back to you. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kRq7L2

No comments:

Post a Comment