Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Florida CWP application wait time


I just figured I'd let everybody know, for any of you out there in Florida or just wanting to get a Florida license, the wait time is ridiculously fast. In the past, Florida has struggled with backlog and the wait has taken a few months, but that is clearly no longer the case!My personal details don't matter, but long story short I applied for my Florida CWP last week, on Friday. I did so at one of the tax collectors' offices that processes them. The one in my county doesn't, so I had to drive a good distance just to apply. The other option is to mail it in, but then you have to do the fingerprinting yourself or through a local PD, and its just a lot more work IMO. It was worth the gas money to drive and file in person. I figured I'd give it the better part of a week before checking up on it; when you apply in Florida you get a code to check on your status with the Dept. of AG. So today I decided to check their website, expecting to see an update like "we have received your application and it is being processed." Instead, what I got was the wonderful message saying I had already been approved, license issued, and I just have to wait for them to mail it to me! Image of the message. The craziest part is, they approved it on Monday. That is only one business day after I applied! (unless you count Saturday, but either way I applied Friday and it was issued on Monday, which is incredible.)So yeah, needless to say I'm pretty happy about how quick the process is down here. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2k4ZHSr

No comments:

Post a Comment