Sunday, January 1, 2017

HK VP9 disappointment


Anyone else not happy with their VP9? I've got a bunch of different handguns and have owned and shot a HK P30L for a while. I thought the grip is excellent feeling except when I carried it as it is sandpaper against the skin unless you use certain holsters or modify with moleskin, etc. Otherwise it felt good. It has a good SA/DA trigger but the trigger guard design is terrible as your finger can rub on it. A dremel fixed that. The slide release would not engage in holding the slide back at empty because my thumbs ride high, once again dremeling half of it off solved that problem. I like my P30L.That said, having heard of a VP9 with a striker, I was excited. I finally picked one up fairly cheaply. On the plus side, the slide release on the right side was fixed so that shooting thumbs forward, it still locks back on empty. Unfortunately the grip still rubs if I use my holster. The cocking ears/charging handles are atrocious and I'll have to dremel them flat. Who thought of that garbage? And they still have the shitastic trigger guard that I'll have to dremel. The trigger has a bit of take up and a slight friction as it hits the engagement point, I'm not sure I can adjust it like I could with a glock or M&P.I'm just not sure I want to mod this to carry it. Anyone else have complaints or ideas on mods to carry this thing? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hHJiXZ

No comments:

Post a Comment