Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Dog Attacks


I witnessed two dog attacks this past summer. Both situations were at campgrounds.The first one, a dog forced its way out of a car to attack another dog that was being walked nearby. Both owners tried to pull them apart, but just got bit when they did. My group had a ton of kids playing nearby and the best we could do was get the kids away.The second one, an eight year old kid from my group went to get a ball about 50 feet behind the next campsite over. The dog ran straight for the kid and bit him in the back as he ran away. The dog stopped and went back as the kid's dad and I got there.Both situations made me wish I had been carrying at the time. I might have taken the shot in the second situation, but it happened fast and it's hard to tell the difference between a chase and an attack before it's too late.I wouldn't want to have to take a shot that close to a kid, so I'm thinking pepper gel might be the proper tool for the situation. That way the gun can be the backup plan. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/wHhrVgG

No comments:

Post a Comment