Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Crosstraining martial arts

So quick backstory to this post. In my mid 30's and have severely neglected the ability to defend myself and my physical health in general. Without getting into too much personal detail there is a heightened possibility that in about 4 months time a physical altercation will occur between myself and someone else that will be difficult to avoid. I of course would use every non violent way I know of diffusing the conflict whether it be verbal, legal or just outright not being around, but unfortunately there will be times I will be around this person. It's of course an issue with my current SO's ex and they have a kid together so you know...I can be flamed for being in this clusterfuck later.

I have started BJJ as was the plan way before this even came up, but more tools in the box are needed. I'm not under any delusion that I will be a badass able to take on the world with only a few months of any training, but I will be much better off than sitting on the couch. I currently am at an MMA gym that offers BJJ, Judo, "MMA", Boxing, and Muay Thai. The question is what do I cross train in and where do I put my focus only being able to train 4x a week? Do I do a 2 day split of BJJ and striking? Do I focus mainly on a striking art for the next few months and pick BJJ back up later? How do I manage physical burnout during this time? I appreciate all of the answers I get, even the ones telling me I am a dumbass for entertaining the idea of a fight, but we can't avoid everything.

Also before anyone says get a gun and a concealed carry permit and spend some time at the range, that's the easy part that is already done.



Submitted January 03, 2023 at 01:13PM by Sick_Sabbat https://ift.tt/MiO4Unv

No comments:

Post a Comment