Thursday, January 5, 2023

Carrying when injured?


Tl:dr I messed up my right elbow. Hurts like a 5ish out of 10 and I can't really straighten my arm. Doctor said it's probably something that just needs time, rest, and ice to heal.I went shooting on Saturday just to see if I could still carry and it was bad. I'm not the second coming of John Wick but I'm a decent enough shot normally. Saturday I was pulling shots massively to the left because I was A) anticipating the pain in my arm from recoil and B) couldn't get my right arm in my normal shooting position. Shot probably 20-30 very uncomfortable rounds and just couldn't do it anymore.It got me second guessing - should I still carry while this is healing? I hate the idea of not having anything on me, but I also somewhat doubt my ability to defend myself if the need arose. I'd be relying on adrenaline in that situation and that's somewhere between unsafe and stupid.My question is - what have you done if you've had an injury that affected your ability to carry/shoot? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/IiAtdPB

No comments:

Post a Comment