Tuesday, January 17, 2023

I had to pull out my CCW today.


It was a normal morning, and I was coming out of a store with a brown bag in one hand. I got into my truck, and noticed a male, with a black hoodie, and mask over his face walking over in my truck's direction with both hands in the pockets of his hoodie, which is odd because the weather is nice and warm. As he walked closer and closer, I immediately thought to lock my doors and see if he will just walk past my vehicle. He didn’t walk past but instead stood about a foot away from my door demanding I roll down my windows. I said no and he demanded again and began to ask why I wouldn’t roll down my windows. At this point, I could only see the man’s eyes and still saw that both his hands were still in his hoodie's pocket. I then began to reach for my CCW which is at the 3 o clock position and rested my hand there. He then begins to yell to roll down my windows, and I told him to get lost. He wouldn’t leave and then I yelled too, “get out the way, and get fucking lost.” (Looking back, I could’ve done better in de-escalating the situation, but he wouldn’t leave and I began to see him as a threat.) I then show him my firearm and said to get fucking lost, he then proceeds to say, “what the fuck does a gun have to do with anything.” He proceeds to walk behind my vehicle, at this point I was afraid he might damage my vehicle (new truck) or present a firearm while my back was facing forward. I could not move my car forward due to the light post being in front. I could not immediately back up due to the parking lot being small, and I would need to maneuver my vehicle a little bit to exit. I then exit my car with my firearms pointed downwards to see where this male went and see him walking away, yelling profanity at me. I then yelled profanity back and re-holster my CCW. I immediately went back in my vehicle, backed out of my parking spot, and left the store lot.\I never thought I would be in a situation like this, but was happy that I was trigger-finger disciplined with my time spent at the range, and I trusted that my firearm would protect me. I should’ve not yelled back when he continued to yell at me and wouldn’t leave the side of my vehicle. I shouldn’t have stepped outside my vehicle. I should’ve called the cops. I should’ve beeped my horn to alert others nearby of the situation. *I will learn from this process and hope that some of you here with vast experience enlighten me on the things I can do better mentally and physically.** via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/SkhpFuw

No comments:

Post a Comment