Saturday, June 11, 2022

Trespass at the theater?


I've been thinking about this on and off for a while. Legally you become "trespassed" when you're asked to leave a place, and you commit trespass when you then refuse to leave (or return during a period in which you've been informed you cannot return). Simple.My understanding is that when violating a "gun-free" zone policy the law you're breaking in trespass. So, am I only in violation of the policy when I walk in with my concealed firearm, or the law as well (assuming they didn't notice or ask me to leave)?If only the policy, then doesn't that mean one could concealed carry to theaters and elsewhere without risking anything more than being banned from a location as long as one always leaves when asked? What happens then when you were never noticed or asked to leave and the first moment they learn of you carrying happens to be when you protect others? Did you still violate the law, or just the policy?I appreciate you guys. See you in the comments.EDIT: here speaking of AZ in particular, but some insight on other states is welcomed. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/n9Q65Dy

No comments:

Post a Comment