Tuesday, April 19, 2022

What should I have done differently?

Apologies now for the long text!

This evening I went to go see a broadway show with my wife and her entire family.

We got there late, and we’re rushing to get to our seats before the show would start.

We were inside the theater at the point where we needed to go through a metal detector. The line was MAN A, my wife, then me.

Man A was told by the security guard he can’t go through unless he has a mask, so he steps off the line to get a mask from another security clerk. My wife being right behind him, just goes right through the metal detectors. He walks back in line, I don’t step forward, as he was in front and allow him to go in front of me, nothing was said at this point.

What he did next was the weird part, he touches my wife’s lower back. Not her butt, but her lower back. Like puts her hand there. I see all of this happen. So I say, and to quote, “excuse me, that’s my wife, what are you doing”

This is the fun part, he immediately almost within less then a blink of an eye, gets in my face and begin circling me and telling me repeatedly “he is not that fucking man” like in the context to to mess with him.

This man, was a fucking huge dude. For context; I’m 6’1 and larger dude for sure. This guy was at least 6’3, 40+, fully laced with tattoos, extremely tight shirt, bald, and a just a mean looking mofo. His looks in his eyes was pure evil and he wanted to hurt me.

At this point, I was so shocked by how quickly he got into my face I just kept saying relax you touched my wife. I’m convinced if there wasn’t security there he would have hit me straight in the face and fucked my shit up.

What he did was completely out of line and uncalled for from begin to end. I would also say I was wearing a yamika as I’m a observant Jew and I saw he kept staring right at it. Mind you, we’re at a kids fucking broadway show…

I’m still shocked and don’t exactly know how to understand the situation. I believe I was in the right for calling him out and then not escalating the situation as he would have definitely kicked my ass.

My two questions is 1. How could I have handled this better if so? 2. I was always taught to never engage as you never know what the other person is capable of doing to you. Is that right here or wrong?

Sorry again for the long text, still trying to understand the situation. It ended with security deescalating and when I told him to go in front of me at the end he hit me elbow but then I just went to my seat and was like WTFFFF



Submitted April 20, 2022 at 12:44AM by Broscience22 https://ift.tt/6dQgzA2

No comments:

Post a Comment