Monday, April 25, 2022

I drew my gun today/Los Angeles


After evaluating my own decision, I believe I may have overreacted. But I’d like to hear from you guys as I just did what I believe I should have at the moment, which was protect myself from danger.I was driving in downtown Los Angeles down the street from my apartment. It was about 9:15 pm. I stopped at a red light and was the only car at the intersection. I remember just casually looking at the lights as I was super tired and on my way to get food, when all of a sudden some guy starts trying to open my right hand side back passenger door. The way he was trying to open it was violently (as in like he was REALLY trying to open it). From his appearance he looked like a regular dude and not someone homeless so I immediately drew my weapon and flashed my light at him through the window.He saw it, put his hands up, and slowly walked back. That was the end of that.I bring up his appearance because if he was a homeless person and perhaps wasn’t as violent in trying to open the door, I probably would have concluded that he is mentally ill and probably isn’t out to do anything bad to me, however this guy looked normal, which is what freaked me out.Did I overreact? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/jAcSyr9

No comments:

Post a Comment