Thursday, April 28, 2022

I need help choosing a Shot Timer


It's time for me to get a shot timer for live and dry fire practice. The problem is I really need a model that allows the beep to be turned down really quiet so I can use it in the basement while my kids are sleeping... and I'm finding that a hard thing to search for on the internet. So if you know of a shot timer that can have a quiet beep, please mention it.I am shooting 22lr and 38/357 j-frame revolvers (S&W 43c and 340PD) at an outdoor range with on average one other shooter present. Most of the live fire is 22lr due to the current ammo cost, and the dry fire is with the 357. Some day it'll be used with my 9mm CZ's and my AUG (5.56), but I wanna focus on the j-frames for the immediate future since that's what I carry.My 22lr ammo gets my hands filthy, so anything requiring me to touch my phone for live fire is out.I saw the AMG commander supposedly picks up dry fire and is the hot thing right now, but I wanna use my timer this summer and they seem to be back ordered months and months.I have a Mantis X10, but the only way to mount it to my j-frames is via a barrel insert and that wouldn't work for drawing or live fire. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/83te4Nh

No comments:

Post a Comment