Thursday, September 10, 2020

Stupid question time: field strip and take slide to avoid leaving functional handgun


So, I’ve had what I feel is a stupid question for a while, but I can’t logically explain why. I don’t do this and just avoid those public places, but I’ve thought about it. In my jurisdiction, specific signage banning firearms is backed by law, but if you really need to go in the store, leaving your firearms sucks because if it’s broken into you are leaving a functional firearm for a thief.Since the frame of the handgun is the actual firearm, why wouldn’t I want to clear, field strip, and stick the slide in my pocket? That way I’m not leaving a functional firearm.The downsides I can think of are that it’s administratively handling your firearm in the vehicle and with the risks that entails (negligent discharge, someone seeing you).Alright, pretend I’m five and tell me why this is stupid. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3ij4Q8C

No comments:

Post a Comment