Monday, September 28, 2020

Problems with CCW application in SC


So I'm having some issues with my CCW application in SC and I'm wondering if anyone can provide some insight on how to proceed.I passed the CCW course and fingerprints at City Arsenal on July 1st. They said they shipped it out the next day via mail. Today I contacted SLED and they said that they received the application on July 14th, and that there is no missing info or documents. I asked if they have an ETA, and they said 90 business days from July 14th. Now, I looked it up on their website and it just says 90 days. Them saying it takes 90 business days is almost an extra month of waiting.I see folks posting on here that they receive their permits within several weeks, and at this point I'm pretty frustrated that I've waited this long. I've been told that it's faster if you do it via identogo, but I wasn't aware of that at the time, and quite frankly, what difference does it make if they receive it electronically or via mail or via carrier pigeon... if they have it, then they have it. City Arsenal did my background check in 3 minutes, and it just makes me think that the whole process with SLED is just a crack in the bureaucracy.Can anyone comment on the whole 90 business day thing and if there is anything I can do to speed up the process? Or am I at the mercy of the system?Thank you very much for all the help. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/33aPNbN

No comments:

Post a Comment