Monday, September 28, 2020

Situational Awareness Is Key


This is a real scenario, occurred approx. 4:50am 9/28/2020.I was doing approx. 5 over the speed limit in a 45mph zone. Man flies up behind me, I am unfazed and continue on. He gets to the red light before me, and as I approach the red light and stop, he gets out of his vehicle. He begins with a brisk walk, and continues running. I have about 3 car lengths. I immediately switch to flight mode, check my mirrors, check oncoming traffic, and gave it a send. I wasn’t going to take the chance and let him get to my car. Thank god I was in a brand new car. I wanted gas, it gave it to me.Lesson is: When shit hits the fan, don’t focus on just the threat. Look for an escape and when you have it, take it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GdGH55

No comments:

Post a Comment