Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Some CCW truisms that really cannot be disputed: A Clapback on BS


So a lot of us read that post. And a lot of us have some things to say. These are not necessarily in order.1) UNEQUIVOCALLY, GUN BELTS MATTER. I have my brand which I wont say but theres a reason the first thing you literally attach your gun to needs to be up to the task to have a gun hanging off it and not sag. Maybe they dont matter for a little North American arms revolver but I want to see someone effortlessly carry a FIGHTING pistol using a belt you can bend the edges together using one hand. Do gun belts have to be prohibitively expensive? Not at all. But the good ones, using reinforced leather or ones that have a nylon or metal insert are really the only belts worth a damn.2) No, I am not a tactical commando because I spent my own money and time to take a class. But was it worth it and would I do it the next 10/10 times of given the chance again? You bet your ass. You really dont know what you dont know until you have taken a class that isnt your CCW class (which definitively is NOT training). Also, spend the money to take a class so you can save the money on all the stupid bullshit widgets you DO NOT NEED. You need training, not a lighter trigger, or an extended slide stop. The amount of shit i SOLD that I bought before the class may have ended up paying for another class because I figured I could buy myself into a higher skill level.3) If you are serious about defending your life with a gun, you need night sights. Now, this may seem contradictory to what I just finished saying but let me explain. When you buy a gun without night sights, it works exactly 12 hours of the day. When the sun goes down, you now cannot use your gun unless you illuminate your target in some way. Night sights make for a 24 hour gun. Criminals almost always attack at night.4) Medical supplies. What you should have and how you can carry them. If nothing else, you need to at LEAST have a tourniquet on you. (This isnt a discussion on the type of tourniquet, just carry something that is proven) if you want to expand on that: chest seal, gauze, pressure bandage. Also, it may be a surprise that I took a class on how to properly apply these items to myself and others. Because in my perfect world where my draw is super clean and I nail that criminal right between the eyes and he goes down, maybe in the last seconds of his life he is able to squeeze off a round that hits my girlfriend or an innocent bystander. Im now going to sit there and watch them bleed out because I thought an 8oz tourniquet was too heavy to carry and unnecessary. These are shitty arguments. And how to carry it. I assume you know what pockets are. If not, I could introduce you to a thing called a backpack or a purse. If not that, put it in your car, home, office desk. Hell, put them in ALL those places. Some place within arms reach. Jeff Cooper used to say if you reach out your hand and cant touch a gun, youre unarmed. If you cant reach out and touch medical equipment, you may bleed out.5) Remember your first car accident where you saw the other car coming to hit you and you immediately put your seatbelt on? Did that sentence seem dumb to you? Carry with a loaded chamber. If you arent confident that your gun wont go off, strip it down, inspect its parts. Look up schematics on the engineering of the safeties. It is not going to go off. Carry in a kydex holster made for your make and model of gun that retains its shape when the gun is not in it. Do not make your own holster. Just buy a commercially available holster. Please. Also, stop clearing your gun and reloading it, press checking it, then racking the round out, spit shining the round, and loading it again. Its a 1 or a 0. The gun is either loaded or it is not. I change my carry ammo on my birthday, which was August 23. My gun has been loaded with a round in the chamber since that day. I take it out of the holster and it goes on the night stand next to my flashlight and tourniquet when i go to sleep. When I wake up I put my pants on with my gun belt, I put my gun in my kydex holster, and then attach the holster to the belt. The ammo fairies did not come in the middle of the night and unload my gun. It is loaded and it has been. Jesus Murphy.Thats all I can stand right now. As mentioned, the OP had 10 years experienced and sounds a little jaded on CCW as a whole. I hope this post helps at least someone on their CCW journey. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3jkyN8y

No comments:

Post a Comment