Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Situational awareness, nothing happened


Had something happen earlier that highlighted situational awareness quite well.TLDR- no need to draw, nothing dangerous, leave unharmedWhen I finish work for the day I typically like to leave my place because it’s nice to break up the time while working from home. It’s been getting darker much earlier lately, so by the time I left my place the sun had already set. I’ve been going to this spot in my town where there are a few office buildings hidden away in the woods to smoke cigars. To give an idea of the building, there’s woods surrounding in three directions, and the office building in the fourth.I pulled into the normal spot in the back of the lot where you rely mostly on ambient light, and lit up my cigar and was just hanging out listening to a podcast. Not long after I started, a Honda CRV drove back behind this building and immediately turned around to pull out having not made it into the parking lot. There’s almost never anyone that comes back there outside of security, let alone at night, but I didn’t think anything of it.Around 15mins later I hear the deep hum of a car accelerating, and a truck comes around the corner to the lot, driving directly towards where I’m hanging out. The truck backed in a few spots away, my adrenaline spiked, and I immediately began searching for my keys to get in my car to try to leave. After fumbling for a few seconds, I realized they were already in my car so I promptly got in, locked my doors and left. The truck flashed its lights a few times as I was leaving, but stayed in the lot. Having received my CCW permit quite recently, and being new to firearms, this is the first time I’ve thought about potentially needing to draw if the situation arose. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3mJgDQ7

No comments:

Post a Comment