Friday, September 4, 2020

Reminder to carry a basic trauma kit and get training...more likely to use it than your gun.


Case in point was just an hour ago in my neighborhood. Neighbors were out talking as the kids and dogs were out running around. Well one of the neighbor's college aged kid went to do dunk on his basketball net and the pole snapped. He took a hard fall onto the concrete and the goal landed on top of him with at least one compound fracture that was bleeding. One of our neighbor's is a nurse and rushed over and I was able to give her my small EDC kit with a TQ and quickclot gauze then run to my house and grab a larger kit with compression bandages, etc.. Managed to get the bleeding under control with just the gauze by the time I got back and the EMT's were a couple blocks away at that point.I'm not going to sit here and say it saved a life, but it sure didn't hurt to have the supplies and people around trained on how to use it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3bqQErw

No comments:

Post a Comment