Friday, September 25, 2020

Getting thumb on grip during draw


Hi everyone. I've gotten much heavier in the last year, and have had to change the way I carry to keep from printing. My problem is that with my current setup, it's difficult to quickly and reliably get my thumb inside the grip during my draw stroke. I can very reliably get my three fingers on my grip, get the web of my hand high on the beavertail, and draw, but it's a much faster and cleaner draw with my thumb on the back of the slide vs inside the grip.An instructor friend of mine commented that I need to get that thumb inside the grip for my draw stroke, because that's where it needs to be to fire. I have myself convinced that moving the thumb down into position as the weapon is coming out will be fine. Do I really need to chang my carry setup so I can easily get my thumb into position before the draw?I'm carrying an XD 9 Subcompact at 4 o'clock in a Vedder Light tuck with a claw. I have the holster adjusted as low as it can go to get below my love handle =). It's that love handle that gets in the way of my thumb when trying to get a full grip. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2G8KEbc

No comments:

Post a Comment