
Hello guys I been a long time follower here, this is not my usual accounts I use.LONG story Sharing my personal story of the day I had to almost pull out my Ruger 9mm and use it. It all started at a close friend and family party. There was people there ages mostly from 20-26. Also, older family members but they do not really have much to do with this story. There was this shady looking guy who was at the party with a female companion. He got a bit too drunk and was acting very belligerently and treating his female companion very badly, only way I could describe it is by saying that he was treating her like a dog.snapping his fingers at her and physically pushing her around and just making everybody uncomfortable. He was at the point where I felt he was about to physically hit her but he did not do it at that moment.Fast forward 20 minutes later. At this point my girlfriend took the drinks away from their hand (rudely and forceful) and asked them to leave because they should not be acting like this in public and they had more than enough to drink. They got upset at her.They left outside to the driveway near their car and began to argue. Somebody saw when the guy choked the girl and put her against the car and punched her. We began to hear someone scream "help! help!"My buddy who works in construction and is built pretty big about 6'2 - 6'4 and close to 280 lbs ran from the backyard to the front of the house to the shady guy (he was in the driveway) and punched the guy on the face and knocked him out cold. I guess his boxing years back when he was younger did pay off.At this point everybody is yelling and screaming and adrenaline is pumping I was 2 feet away from where everything was happening I was attempting to grab the guy and get him off her but I guess my buddy had a different idea.Either way a car pulls in at the exact moment this is happening about 30 feet away. This car is also from a random guy who decided to show up and he was not invited. I later learned he was upset that his girlfriend went to the party and he told her not to go. Keep in mind these are kids in their early 20's.He rolls down his windows and begins to tell his girlfriend to get in the car now because he is taking her. She tells him no and they start to also argue. My girlfriend goes up to his car and tell him if he is going to take her home and he just ignores her and she can tell he is on drugs because of how he is acting and because his passenger is just laying on the car seeming like he is high as a kite.He is told that he was not invited and to please leave. While this is going on the other guy who was beating his girlfriend is still laying out in the middle of the driveway and people are still arguing and upset. The girl who was getting beat was the one arguing with people and saying they should not have hit him that she was OK and people should not be getting in between them.back to the guy who showed up... I cannot help but notice my girlfriend getting yelled at while she tells this guy to please leave. He is obviously not listening and she is just their saying the same stuff over and over again. At this point I feel like she is not helping the situation I think she just needs to walk away.I walk up to the passenger window and just stand and listen to what is going on. I then tell the girl who is like 20 years old 5'2 about 110 pounds, are you going to leave with him or stay? she then says she was going to stay and not go with him. I notice the smell of weed coming out of his car and his passenger still not coherent and just extremely high. My girlfriend and the little girl start to walk back into the housejust like everybody else is. At this point I tell the guy "Hey you need to leave" "just go, she said she is going to stay... you need to go" He gets really pissed off and began to scream "oh fk no, you ain't going to tell me what to do!"He then proceeds to get off his car and sprint to the back of his car. -in my mind I thought he might be going to get his girl friend and force her to leavehe is still screaming saying "who do you think you are! Nobody tells me what to do" and he is speed walking/sprinting towards me. -I realize he is not going to get his girlfriend he is coming at me.I give 2 steps back and get my right foot back (shooting stance, without really thinking) I reach for my Ruger 9mm that I carry at my 5 o'clock. I am holding it and my thumb ready to take off the safety and draw to fire.He was about 8-10 feet away and he stopped dead on his tracks and gets really quite. We stare at each other for about 4 seconds and he then says "what you got back there" "what is it? Is that a gun? are you going to shoot me!?" "you won't shoot me!"At this point I just repeat myself over and over again "you need to leave" "go home" "just go already" "leave now!"I stood my ground . ( I live in Texas) As everybody noticed what was happening everybody walked to us and about 10 people told him to leave and go home. I slowly began to re treat and get myself out of the situation. I walked out of sight and he finally got on his car and left. I never took my weapon out of the holster and nobody saw it. In conclusion I felt threatened because he was obviously drugged out and much taller and bigger than me. Adrenaline was pumping from the event that had happened minutes before and I had no idea who this guy was or what he was capable of. I am about 5'9 - 5'10 he was at minimum 6'1I just do not know if I did the right thing and I felt like I escalated the situation but then again the threat of a gun is what stopped him from acting how he was and leave.I was upset with my girlfriend for inserting herself on that situation (in my opinion) and then me getting involved. I told her next time do not get involved because then I will feel like I need to go back you up and that was not any of my business. It could have ended completely differently if he would of kept running towards me and not stopped. I was 100% ready to shoot if I had to but I am just very mad at her and my self for the situation and how it unfolded.What do y'all think? Would you have inserted yourself or just stand back and see how it unfolds and if you are needed then step in? My girlfriend is always attempting to help people and it gets her involved in stuff she has no business in. I get it she knows this little girl and she obviously cares about her but I cannot help but be mad at her still.Did I over react? Keep in mind this is my perspective and I only have one side of the story. I do not wish to paint myself as a hero because I am not.I feel like getting my self involved was a mistake. People hold grudges and I am sure he lives in the same area I live in. I would not be surprised if we encounter ourselves again in the store or something similar.I already hate being around big crowds and public places and this just made it worst. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YvSGkS
No comments:
Post a Comment