Sunday, February 2, 2020

Holster Question


So, slowly getting into CC, and have been going through all of the important logistics. My university (I'm a grad student so 21+) requires holsters to not only securely hold the handgun and cover the trigger guard, but it also requires any external hammer (I have a hk p30sk) to be secured by "a strap or by other means." I would prefer to use a kydex holster for my edc, and I currently have a vedder light tuck, but this obviously does not secure the strap. I might not be too worried about this detail, but my concern lies in if I have to justifiably use my firearm while at work, and whether or not the fact that my hammer was not "secured" would end up being used against me in court. Any thoughts? If anyone knows of some good aiwb holsters that have a hammer strap of some sort that'd be great (kydex preferred). I was thinking I could maybe make my own thumb break strap and attach it to my vedder. Thanks in advance everyone!Edit: Was able to find this leather holster for aiwb... less than ideal considering the strap, but might be worth checking out? Better to have a ccw and deal w/ a strap than getting jammed up over something stupid I suppose. Anyone with lots of experience who can speak to the ease of disengaging a thumb strap with sufficient practice? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Ojyu0A

No comments:

Post a Comment