Saturday, February 29, 2020

Advice? Fiance does not want firearms in the house [USA]


(Nearly every post I have seen regarding this topic are women against firearms, but in my case, it is my future husband.)I grew up in a very rough, poor area full of crime. I was used to having theft, robberies, and assaults in my neighborhood. Police activity every day. We do not live together (yet), but my fiance (7 years) is very anti-firearm.I currently own two small handguns. As a female, I feel that it is especially important to know how to defend against yourself. I am not interested in hunting or competitive shooting, just practicing enough to feel comfortable and safe while handling my firearm if a situation were to arise. While I no longer live in an unsafe area, it worries me that watching my family get assaulted will happen again.There is no amount of reasoning to change his mind. He firmly believes that guns are only meant to kill people. I used to carry pepperspray around and I have used it on men or as a threat to being followed home. I have never had to pull my firearm but I have a CCW license.I am not sure how to get through to him that I want to keep my firearms for my own comfort and safety, while he continues to pull statistics about how unlikely it is that we will be robbed or at gun-point in our nice suburban neighborhood we will be moving into.TL;DR - I would feel safer as a petite female to carry my firearm and have it at home to use in case something were to ever happen to me, but future husband believes guns are only for killing. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3ck5JLw

No comments:

Post a Comment