Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Hell of a conversation with a fudd (my uncle). Fudd tales of your own?


Thanksgiving Day, family’s over and I get into a discussion about firearms with my uncle.He’s telling me how all the “experts” say .357 is the ABSOLUTE GOD of home defense. A .357 revolver is the best weapon for home defense hands down. I tried explaining to him that a pistol of any modern defensive caliber (9, .45, .40) are all going to be fairly similar to in performance to a .357, they’re pistols. Tried explaining that all calibers I mentioned perform similarly with today’s technology so why not go for something with less recoil and a much higher capacity that’s not a revolver?He laysss it on that the EXPERTS know it’s the best, and I didn’t know what the fuck I’m talking about because I’m just a “new age Glock fanboy”.After, I said hell an AR-15 would be the best home defense weapon better than any pistol or shotgun. Explained their low recoil, ease of use, low penetration, and overall great performance. He went on a rant how I’m crazy because pistols are so much easier to shoot, more accurate, and again, how the experts say .357 is the best home defense round and has “way more stopping power than a .223” (lol) above all else.I asked him why? It’s the same caliber of a 9mm just a longer case with more propellant? Why would it be better than a .40 with similar if not higher energy load, or 10mm, or .44, or .50 AE? Why wouldn’t those be better?“The experts say dude, that’s just what they say.” Continues on how I’m new to guns, he’s been around them forever, he knows what he’s talking about, etc etc.I just said ok and walked away. As the night goes on he would come up to me and go “Glock fanboy!” Motherfucker....That’s my tale of a fudd being a fudd. What are your fudd tales? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YcYdeA

No comments:

Post a Comment