Saturday, December 28, 2019

OWB Kydex Holster Manufacturer Recommendations for HK P30 with external thumb safety


I'm a CCW permit holder who has until now pocket carried only a J-frame .38 revolver using a nylon pocket holster so I'm brand new to "real" holsters and am seeking feedback. I recently purchased a HK P30 with external thumb safety with the intent of sometimes carrying it concealed. I'm still in the break-in phase on the firearm (it is a bit squirrelly sometimes with cycling -- probably a stiff recoil spring that needs to be worked out with use) and have used that extra time to try to figure out a good holster manufacturer that I can trust. It's honestly a bit daunting and would be appreciative of any hints from personal experience. I've decided I will carry outside the waistband using a kydex holster and wearing a blazer/jacket/suit or other suitable outer garment (when that's not realistic I still have my J-frame, which is better than nothing). Leather looks cool and all and is 1970s classic but I like the idea of the specific fit of kydex to my firearm.HK gives some holster manufacturers on its website but these were added in 2013 -- I'm interested in user feedback. For example, is Vedder a good manufacturer? It certainly looks like a solid choice but what does the hive mind say? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZBa2fl

No comments:

Post a Comment