Saturday, December 28, 2019

Advising family members on CCW: let them be, or push for better options?


Hi guys and gals,I’ve been carrying for a year now. This sub has been extremely valuable, and while I’m still learning, I feel like I’m fairly knowledgeable about handguns/carrying at this point.My fiancée has recently expressed interest in carrying, which I think is a great idea. However, she is very intimidated by recoil. She’s not a very large person (about 5’5 125), but she’s a former college athlete & still lifts weights regularly. A few months back we took a trip to the gun range with her dad/grandpa, and she had a blast shooting a .22 rifle, a 9mm carbine, and an old .32 revolver. However she shied away from shooting my walther pps, her grandpa’s 1911, or her dad’s .38 revolver. Actually, she loved the .32 revolver so much that she’s convinced it’s what she wants to carry.I’ve tried explaining to her about the common myths surrounding revolvers (greater reliability for example), the practicality of carrying something a bit smaller with greater capacity, the cost of .32 vs other calibers, and the greater stopping power offered by other carry calibers. However, she’s very stuck on this little .32, and says that she wants something that she feels confident carrying and not afraid to shoot. I definitely get that argument, but I don’t know.What do you all think? Should I maybe get “myself” a present and hope she comes round to it, or just drop it and be happy she’s carrying? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/365badJ

No comments:

Post a Comment