Friday, November 1, 2019

Update to my post about my friend using lethal force while intoxicated.


Original post. A lot of the original content was deleted, per Redditor's recommendations. I appreciate everyone's input though... As does my friend. I relayed everything over to him.Most accurate article I've found related to the incident.Police Department Public Statement (From 10/15/19, two days after this incident).Surveillance footage showed him and his friend being chased by 5-6 guys for a few blocks. There were no cameras where the actual altercation/shooting took place and none of the friends of the deceased are willing to talk to the police.My friend says he was trying to get back into the bar and was punched in the back of his head. He fell face first. When he rolled over to his back, the deceased was getting ready to kick him, so he withdrew his firearm and discharged it, hitting the deceased in the chest.His friend was behind him while they were running, had been caught, and was being assaulted, which is why my friend was trying to go inside. His friend was on the ground in the fetal position with the other 4-5 guys circled around him, assaulting him.The deceased's family is protesting daily at the courthouse to have my friend's name released, but this apparently won't happen since my friend is considered a victim in this and no charges are being pressed against him.My friend (And his wife) deleted social media and installed surveillance around his entire property. He also took two weeks off work, needs medication to help him sleep, and is speaking to a therapist (Attorney approved). via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/33atLU4

No comments:

Post a Comment