Thursday, November 28, 2019

I (20F) am interested in buying a pocket staff for self-defense. Thoughts?

So, I'm interested in buying a pocket staff for self-defense reasons. I just turned 20 and in recent years, probably since I was 16, I have been hit on in public on my way home from school and I was actually attacked twice by men at the park near my house. On several occasions men have followed me or even tried to get me into their cars after work/school. I have never used any self-defense tools before but recently I'm feeling the need to get some asap. I've been seeing people use pocket staffs on tik tok lately and I like the idea of carrying something small and collapsable in my pocket when I'm coming home late from my evening lectures.

Most reviews I'm seeing on Amazon.ca and other websites are negative. Some say the staffs are unsafe and should come with a warning. One reviewer even had to get stitches because the staff cut them badly upon opening. Other reviewers say they break easily upon opening and closing the staff. I don't know much about pocket staffs, so I don't know where I could buy one of better quality that is "more safe". Does anyone have any information on these that could help me out?? I appreciate any and all suggestions!

UPDATE: I live in Canada so pepper spray is illegal and I can't get a firearm (wouldn't want to anyway). Also, I am fit and muscular and am pretty confident that someone else wouldn't be able to take the staff away from me. I am a very fast runner as well. I've thought about getting one of those keychain safety alarms to go along with the defense tool of a pocket staff.



Submitted November 28, 2019 at 10:28PM by bananamilk7 https://ift.tt/2rCgfuu

No comments:

Post a Comment