Sunday, November 24, 2019

Advice on retention in 4o'clock carry


Hey guys, I carry a Glock 43 in a (crappy) desantis holster at 4 o'clock. I'm a pretty small, skinny guy, and I wear skinny clothes, so appendix carry doesn't work for me.I had a pretty unnerving experience today. Some friends tested out my ability to retain my gun if they came up behind me, and my odds weren't super great. I couldn't keep the gun in holster, but I had some success engaging their wrist and getting control back that way. Needless to say, that was pretty disturbing for me.I've been meaning to get a new holster for some time, and this is certainly giving me more impetus to go and find one, but do you all have recommendations for things to look for that are specific positives for iwb retention?And should I be looking for deeper carry? Or any other tips/advice for better retention other than situational awareness? (I know situational awareness is of paramount importance, and that's something I try and always improve on)Thanks all for your help! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2QKI6mO

No comments:

Post a Comment