Friday, November 1, 2019

Micro-Compact Ultimate Carry


So, like many I think, I'm always looking for the ultimate carry gun. I carried a Glock 19 gen 2 for years about 20 years and then eventually switched to a Glock 43. I find that the G43 with a TLR6 in a Vedder holster is a solid EDCCW for me. It did take some modifications to get there and adding things like night sights, the light, a new trigger, mag extensions, grip texturing, etc were needed for me to carry and shoot it comfortably. Even with all that I find it a bit too narrow and the capacity is pretty low. At the same time the G26 is just a little too thick, but the capacity is pretty good. I have a P80 26 and I love shooting it, but find the thickness a little harder to conceal.Now that we have the Sig P365 and the Springfield Hellcat available I'm starting to look at them for a possibly improved EDCCW.I've handled and shot the Sig. While I like the feel in hand as well as everything else, I'm not a big fan of the trigger at all. There is also something in the back of my head that just makes me not like it. Maybe the earlier problems, which everyone says are gone, but I'm not really sure what it is. I find the Hellcat intriguing. I handled one the other day and like the feel as well as the trigger. It is very much like the Overwatch DAT trigger I have on my G43. The gun overall is really interesting to me.I've never owned a Sig or a Springfield, but I like each if these guns in particular. If Glock was making a similar model I'd be all over it, but that is just because I know what to expect from Glock. I don't know what to expect from either of the other companies.I'm not interested in anyone's political views on Springfield or blasting any company, but I am interested in what people think of these guns as well as other possible micro-compacts. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2C2NXeL

No comments:

Post a Comment