Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Advice for self defense/generally overcoming fear?

I have almost always been scared of confrontation, particularly physical confrontation and I feel like it’s started to have negative effects on my life. I live in NYC, I am a relatively skinny guy, and either when I’m alone or with my girlfriend I/we get a lot of comments that are aggressive/annoying/threatening/etc. None of them have been incredibly dangerous so far but there have been a few situations recently where I wish I wasn’t so scared and could defend both myself and my girlfriend if it came down to it.

I don’t want to escalate all these kinds of common negative encounters into physical altercations but I’m tired of also just being frightened and basically bowing my head to anyone of who tries to start something. I’ve browsed the sub a bit but I’m new and was wondering what you guys would recommend? I’m looking into pepper spray or similar for both my girlfriend and I but I also really want to dedicate myself to the physical/mental element of training so that I can generally move around with confidence in my ability to protect myself and without being so scared of confrontation.

Would signing up for MMA classes or Krav Maga be my best next step?



Submitted August 06, 2019 at 02:14PM by interiordashboard https://ift.tt/2GPa5vU

No comments:

Post a Comment