Thursday, May 9, 2019

What's your procedure for putting on your CCW?


Fairly new to CCW and have a simple question. Do you take your gun out of the holster to put the holster on or just put it on with the gun already in the holster? IWB carry at 4 o'clock in my case.I can see pros and cons with each method. I'm thinking putting it on while in holster (full kydex) would be safer since there's no administrative handling and then gun never really has to come out of the holster from day to day if you're ok with storing it loaded. The downside is that it's more awkward to put on, especially in a car (after work where guns are not permitted, school drip offs, etc) and you're more likely to point the muzzle at yourself while putting it on. Not sure if that last point is significant since it's already in a holster but it just feels wrong. I'd really like to avoid unholstering unless the gun is going to be fired (i.e. range, DGU) or cleaned but I'm afraid I'm overlooking some pitfall.What does r/CCW say? Is there a better method? Feel free to share your personal procedure. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2HcSw8i

No comments:

Post a Comment