Thursday, May 2, 2019

Is it possible for a belt to be too stiff?


The other day I had a few minutes before I had to leave for work so I decided to see if I could effectively conceal my pistol in my usual work clothes (slacks and a tucked shirt) (I've never tried this before because I can't actually carry at work). My belt isn't a gun belt, although it's quality (bought it from a local leather shop). It's a decently thick single piece of leather but I believe it's been worked to make it flexible, it's definitely not stiff.Now here's the odd part. I noticed a lot less belt line bulge, and it felt more comfortable to carry (about 1:00), compared to my usual carry belt. I didn't notice any real downward sag where the gun was attached either.Now granted my carry belt is crap. It's that brand that must not be named that starts with a K. I'm planning to upgrade. But it's definitely stiffer than my other belt.But when I upgrade, can I get something that's too stiff? I wonder if it's because I'm skinny, if having a belt that can better flex right around the holster, is what made it seem less noticeable. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2WljBMY

No comments:

Post a Comment