Thursday, April 18, 2019

Indiana teacher carry


Hi all,I have been carrying concealed for about 2 years now and go to the range to practice 1-2 times per month.I'm a middle school teacher at an Indiana school. I am aware that Indiana teachers can individually petition their respective school board in order to be granted permission to carry concealed on school premises. This has has NOT been something I have been interested in.... Until now.My school just sent out a call that a student from the building where I teach brought a gun to school and pulled it out on the bus ride home. There were no reported injuries or discharges of the weapon, and the student was arrested.To think that this student has the gun sitting in his/her locker all day is more than terrifying to me, now that it has affected me and my students. I suppose that no one ever thinks it could happen at their school.I'm hoping that any of you have any experience with public school carry, or have been granted permission to do so in some capacity. I don't know where to begin. I don't take this inquiry lightly, as I just don't want to carry a gun while at work. But I feel that those who are trained like myself have an opportunity to prevent tragedy in a place where my life or the lives of my students could be at risk like we were today.Thanks. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2VRQyk9

No comments:

Post a Comment