Thursday, April 25, 2019

I need help drafting a professional letter to send to the dean of my school.


Hi y’all, I am in an interesting position with CCW laws and I want to catch the attention of the dean. I attend the University of Arkansas, which allows for concealed carry on campus if you meet the requirements. You must have an Arkansas Enhanced Concealed handgun carry license and in order to qualify for the enhanced you must have the standard license. The law requires a person to be a resident of Arkansas and you must have a AR drivers license to apply. Obviously Arkansas law is arkansas law and I can’t change that, but maybe sending this letter can show interest in campus carry.​Here’s my issue: I am from Texas and my LTC is honored as a standard license in Arkansas, so I am out of luck with carrying. The easy solution would become a resident of Arkansas, but my parents still claim me as a dependent and I don’t want to deal with those issues.​You’re probably thinking so what, its your choice to attend a university out of state deal with it. Yes you’re right, but so have 10,000 other students. Out of the 26,000 students 40% of them are nonresidents. Thats a huge amount of campus that doesn’t even have the opportunity to carry. I know the dean’s decision to allow campus carry was huge and a great step in the right direction, but I feel as though the system isn’t perfect.​I’ve been shooting guns since I was 6 and love the hobby, I just wish that I had a chance to carry on campus because I’ll be on campus for another 2 years finishing my degree.​I’ve been searching today for potential clubs for gun rights or advocate groups and I haven’t found any, so I decided to post here. Would any of you mind helping me write a professional sounding letter? What are some other points I should include? What is the best way of going about this, and has anyone done something similar? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2GHooTL

No comments:

Post a Comment