Tuesday, April 30, 2019

AIWB Holster Frustrations


So, after doing plenty of research and weighing the pros and cons, I'm very much looking to switch over to AIWB. My problem is that I can't for the life of me get rid of severe imprinting coming from the grip. I'm a pretty small guy - 5'8", 135lbs. I thought this was going to help with concealment, but instead it seems as if I'm imprinting more than guys twice my size. My EDC is a Shield 2.0 9mm, so it's far from a large gun. I even dropped the extended mag in favor of the standard just to try and shave off any grip length I could. I don't wear excessively tight clothing by any means. I live in an area that allows me to wear shorts and a t-shirt 9 months out of the year, and shorts with a hoodie the other 3 months. Of course concealing with a jacket is easy, but the shorts and t-shirt is my issue.​As of now, I've really only tried one holster - the Aliengear Shapeshift 4.0. It's incredibly comfortable, but even with all the possible combinations of ride height and cant, nothing even comes close to being acceptable. That being said, I'll be returning this beast. I'm looking at the Dara AIWB holster to replace it, as it seems to have a great following.​All in all, any tips the community could offer? A different holster perhaps? Tricks that I'm just missing? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2J7HIen

No comments:

Post a Comment