Thursday, April 25, 2019

FTE's with hotter carry ammo?


Some recent extraction issues have got me concerned about one of my carry guns, my stock Gen 5 G26. I was running a few different boxes of defensive ammo through my gun (Critical Duty 135gr +P, Black Hills 124gr +P, and Federal 124gr HST +P). In the past I've ran standard pressure Sig V-Crown, Fiocchi JHPs, and S&B JHPs without issue.In 50 rounds of HST, I had 3 failures to extract, with the next round trying to feed into the plugged chamber. Didn't have any problems with the other ammo before amd after the HST, plus I quickly ran 100 rounds of FMJ afterwards and had no issues. Barrel and extractor look fine. The extractor tension seems strong; I can place a loaded round in it and shake my slide somewhat vigorously without it shaking loose.Looking at the brass, it looks like my Federal brass is slightly more bulged at the base, suggesting that the gun is unlocking faster than with other ammo. The rim of the Federal brass is also chipped in the spot where the extractor grabbed -not so with the other brands.Has anyone else had any issues like this? Or what the possible culprit(s) might be? Seems like it might be a combination of hot ammo, weak brass, and maybe a weak recoil spring?Oddly, this stuff ran great in my G43. From the same box too. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2L1zTti

No comments:

Post a Comment