Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Unarmed and Threatened With A Weapon: Options?

An acquaintance of my husband's was robbed while getting gas. He was the only one there and does not carry, and was approached in broad daylight by three black men. One demanded his money while pulling up his shirt to display his gun. He told the man he better do what he said, because "It didn't go so well with the last white boy, if you know what I mean." The victim had only $10 dollars in his wallet, so they made him go inside the C-store and get out his last $20 with his debit card.

My husband's fear is... What if they corner you before you realize it? He carries no cash or debit card. If he empties his wallet and proves he has nothing, they could still shoot him out of frustration. What are some thoughts out there for getting out of something like this? He does carry, but if you're cornered...

I don't trust anyone, and I'm always looking around. Traveled alone a few weeks ago, and stopped many a time to let the dog out. I made sure no one got close and if they did, I was in the car with the doors locked. Aside from situational awareness, which really should be your first instinct anywhere... is there any defense if you're unarmed?



Submitted April 24, 2019 at 04:39PM by TaterBaker89 http://bit.ly/2UC5LEc

No comments:

Post a Comment