Saturday, April 20, 2019

Glock 26, 43, Sig P365 decision


My ccw is a glock 17 in a aliengear cloak tuck 2.0. It's honestly been great. With the FBI cant, the gun carries pretty comfortably and surprisingly concealed. However, I have found a need for a subcompact for those days where I really, really, really can't print. So I've been bouncing between the glock 26, 43, and Sig P365. I've already shot a shield and I hate it. P365: There's a reason why this thing is so hyped. Rented it at my range and it really shined next to my friend's shield. Love the mag capacity, night sights, trigger, ergos. However, the reliability stories really turn me off this gun even though those issues were addressed by Sig (or were they?). Magazines are expensive af. G43: I've been looking at this one before the P365 came out. Feels good in the hand. Snappy but I can deal. It's a glock, I know what I'm getting into. I wish I had night sights out the box. Mag capacity is a bother to me (especially because I ccw a g17 for crying out loud) but I can deal for deep concealment possibilities. Mags are costly but not as bad as the p365. G26: I've never really liked the way it feels in my hand. I don't know why that is because it's basically a butchered G17. Never actually shot it. It looks like a bloated G43. The thing is I already have a ton of G17 mags and my local pawn shop has G19 mags that are just collecting dust. I still have some leftover truglo sights from a G17 upgrade (I think they're compatible with the G26 right?). It just kind of makes sense for me. Also I feel like it's worth mentioning that I have a Kel-tec sub 2000 that takes G17 mags so I'm down with the glock ecosystem. Am I wrong to feel the way I do about the P365? Is the G43 overrated? Why do I long for a G26? Also would all of these fit a mountainsmith vibe fanny pack alright? Lol via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2Vj3ySy

No comments:

Post a Comment