Thursday, April 18, 2019

Drawing from AIWB with your support hand?


Began as a thought experiment...what if I was in a situation where I could not evade and had to draw with my support-hand only because my primary-hand was injured/holding a baby/carrying tendies/stuck in your mom? Loaded my rig with snap caps and MantisX to test it out.My average draw to first shot is 1.36 - 1.54 seconds. My draws with support-hand only were excruciatingly slow (~6 seconds) so I wanted to see what techniques y'all do.As a righty, my grip is pointing to the right, between 12:30 and 1:00. I lifted my shirt, twisted my left hand so that palm is facing out and the back of my hand is against my stomach, thumb is at my belly button. I gripped the pistol and drew, muzzling all my insides and whoever might be to my right. Press out, pull the trigger.Tried some others techniques (drawing inverted [index finger around the base of the grip] then flipping the gun around was a fun one) but do you have alternate draw methods for a support-hand only appendix draw? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2Uq0hwe

No comments:

Post a Comment